|Liking the team they work with||71%|
|Pleasant work environment||68%|
|Workplace is an easy commute||68%|
|Ability to work independently||59%|
|Opportunity for advancement||55%|
- Try to hire local; the closer staff live to the office and the shorter the commute will increase loyalty and happiness.
- Find ways to allow people to work from home on occasion.
- Establish flexible work hours when possible, sometimes four day work weeks would make sense.
- Look for ways to give more self-direction to your staff.
- Have an off-site staff bonding session to promote team work; it can be as simple as a soccer or baseball game in the park.
- Great job on...Any praise is welcome by everyone. We all crave appreciation and receiving it can be more motivating to staff than anything else.
- Can I have your thoughts on...? Engaging your staff in decisions and discussion will make them feel part of the solution and not just a cog in the wheel.
- Thank you. Two words that can never be over used. Using them more often is not simply for common courtesy, but as a way of connecting and showing appreciation for a job well done.