- Is there a job description prepared?
- What are the key requirements of the position?
- How does the position fit into the company's organization chart?
- Why is the position open?
- What is the potential of the position?
Obtain the complete address and telephone number of the company. Research the company. Visit their website, get an annual report, go to the local library, scan trade articles and speak to people in the industry. Prepare a portfolio of information appropriate to present in a first interview (resume, work samples, etc.). Also, prepare a list of questions for the interview related to the company, its history, current activities and future. Examples: